|Modern Railway Track
This is perhaps the best and most complete technical book about the railway track. It is written by Dr Coenraad Esveld, Professor of Railway Engineering at Delft University of Technology. A detailed review of the book is presented here: https://pwayblog.com/2016/09/28/modern-railway-trackEsveld, C. (2001). Modern railway track (Vol. 385). Zaltbommel, The Netherlands: MRT-productions.
|British Railway Track. Design Construction and Maintenance
Edited by Geoffrey H Cope, the six edition was published in 1993 by the Permanent Way Institution and has around 40 contributors for writing the 30 chapters of this essential track compendium. Reviewed here: https://pwayblog.com/2016/03/24/british-railway-track/
The previous issue, edited by D.H. Coombs and published in 1971 by the Permanent Way Institution, has a different content and details more some of the mathematical concepts of the plain line and S&C design, including the usage of the virtual transition. It also presents the renewal and maintenance procedures and technologies – omitted in the later version.
Cope, G. H. (Ed.). (1993). British railway track: design, construction and maintenance. Loughborough,, UK: Permanent Way Institution.
|La voie ferrée
by Jean Alias. A detailed review of the book is presented here: https://pwayblog.com/2016/03/17/la-voie-ferree/
Vol 1. Bazele proiectării căilor ferate (Principles of railway track design)
Vol 2. Suprastructura căii (Railway track superstructure)
by V.Hila, C. Radu, C. Ungureanu, G. Stoicescu
These two books are the ones that defined the basis of my railway track techinical education – together with the railway track specific courses taught at the Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest.
|British Railway Track – Design of Railway Switches & Crossings in Flat Bottom Rail
|British Railway Track – Switch & Crossing Maintenance
|British Railway Track – Plain Line Maintenance|
|Track Compendium – Formation, Permanent Way, Maintenance, Economics|
|British Railway Track – Track Terminology||
| Design of High-Speed Railway Turnouts. Theory and Applications
by Ping Wang
|Railway Management and Engineering- Fourth Edition
By V. Profillidis
| Track-Bridge Interaction on High-Speed Railways: Selected and revised papers from the Workshop on Track-Bridge Interaction on High-Speed Railways, Porto, Portugal, 15–16 October, 2007
Authors: Rui Calcada, Raimundo Delgado, António Campos e Matos, Jose Maria Goicolea, Felipe Gabaldon
| Dynamics of Railway Bridges
By L. Fryba
|Handbuch Eisenbahninfrastruktur (Ge)
by Lothar Fendrich
|Handbuch Erdbauwerke der Bahnen: Planung – Bemessung – Ausführung- Instandhaltung (Ge)
Claus Göbel, Klaus Lieberenz
| Desvios ferroviarios (Es)
Authors: José Manuel García Díaz de Villegas and Miguel Rodríguez Bugarín
| Gleisdynamik (Ge)
Author: Klaus Knothe
|Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics
by Simon Iwnicki
| Dinamica Vehiculelor Feroviare (Ro)
By Ioan Sebeșan
|Transrapid und Rad-Schiene-Hochgeschwindigkeitsbahn. Ein gesamtheitlicher Systemvergleich (Ge)
Authors: Schach, Rainer, Jehle, Peter, Naumann, René
- Bihoi, G. (1998). Calea de rulare a tramvaielor. R.A.T. Ploiesti. Romania.
- Indraratna, B., Salim, W. and Rujikiatkamjorn, C., (2011). Advanced rail geotechnology: Ballasted track. London: CRC press.
- Kerr, A.D. ed., (1978). Railroad Track Mechanics and Technology: Proceedings of a Symposium held at Princeton University. Pergamon.
- Radulescu, M. (1963). Calea fără joante. Editura Transporturilor și Telcomunicațiilor. Bucuresti. Romania.
- Selig, E.T. and Waters, J.M., (1994). Track geotechnology and substructure management. Thomas Telford.
- Talbot, A. N. (1912) The Railway Transition Curve. Fifth Edition. Engineering News Publishing Co. New York. (available online on archive.org)
- Teodorescu C. C. (1965) Teoria șinei fără joante supuse la variații de temperatură. Editura Academiei. Romania
- Țurcanu, C (1982). Mașini de construcții pentru căi de comunicații. Mașini de construcții pentru căi ferate. Institutul de Construcții București.
- Vasiliu, I. (1960). Curbe de cale ferată. Editura Transporturilor și Telcomunicațiilor. Bucuresti. Romania.
- Yakovleva, T. G. (1999). Железнодорожный путь (Railway tracks – RU). Transport, Moscow, Russia.